OTIS FCU receives many solicitations for donations, volunteer support, and community sponsorships. The following provides guidelines for how requests are handled. These guidelines help assure that OTIS FCU’s charitable, financial resources are used in a way that best serves the majority of our membership. These guidelines will not cover every possible request, special need, or opportunity; therefore, OTIS FCU may make exceptions in granting contributions or community sponsorships.
OTIS FCU makes contributions to non-profit organizations that serve the communities in which the majority of our members and potential members work and live. In general, support is given to organizations which provide for the health, education (including education regarding art and cultures), and welfare needs of our members and potential members.
OTIS FCU considers for sponsorship only those civic, recreational and charity events, programs, and directories located within our member service area. By sponsorship, OTIS FCU will in turn be guaranteed published advertising or public name recognition from the organization or group requesting sponsorship.
- All requests for sponsorship must be made in writing to Director of Marketing and Communications, Sarah Hayes.
- Contributions must be made to non-profit organizations. Organization may be asked to provide a government-issued non-tax identification number.
- Consideration for sponsorship will be based on funds availability.
- Requests from OTIS FCU members will be given priority over requests by non-members.
- OTIS FCU may make donations of money, property, or services.
The following requests will not be considered:
- OTIS FCU will not contribute to organizations or causes that do not impact the OTIS FCU service area.
- OTIS FCU will not make donations to individuals. Examples not considered for sponsorship: trips, beauty pageants, sports programs and walk-a-thons.
- Organizations soliciting contributions on OTIS FCU property must fill out a Tag Day application.