OTIS Federal Credit Union, a financial institution holding over $208 million in assets and serving over 11,000 members, is hiring an IS/IT Specialist to work on-site at our office in Jay, Maine. The role of the IS/IT Specialist will be to provide support and training to Credit Union staff in the use of office automation products, PCs, online application systems, user-based peripherals, and other related duties.
OTIS FCU is proudly community-minded and cooperatively-owned, and has been providing full-service banking to Franklin County and the surrounding area since 1954. If you’re interested in joining a team of 32 professionals who help people every day, who love and take pride in what they do, and who prioritize a collaborative and caring workplace environment, we’d love to meet you!
Main job functions and responsibilities:
- Assist in troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of PCs, printers, terminals, etc., coordinating with technical support and vendors as necessary; coordinate with staff to resolve hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provide on-going support to all Credit Union staff in the use of end-user hardware and software products; provide limited assistance to users developing applications with the standard user products; notifies users of new useful features available through product updates.
- Install end-user hardware and PC software; ensure Credit Union employees know how to care for and maintain their terminals, printers, and PCs and understand procedures for data backup, network access, etc.
- Assist in developing, implementing and adhering to Information Security processes.
- Ensure administrative control over the end-user hardware and software assets of the Credit Union, as well as related supplies and accessories, through maintenance of inventories, files, logs, etc.
- Train Credit Union staff to use standard PC-based office automation software tools by providing formal training and coordinating third-party training providers.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Provide support and training to Credit Union personnel in the use of hard and software products.
- Assist when problems occur with hardware and solve within specific time frames.
- Maintain inventory of Credit Union’s hardware and software within a specified time period following any changes.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
Knowledge of office automation products, word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, personal computers, PC operating systems, peripheral equipment, etc. is essential to the role.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or submit by mail to PO Box 27, Jay ME 04239.
Deadline for application is June 4th, 2021.
OTIS FCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).