Online and Mobile Banking FAQs
Can I use my existing username and password?
You may be able to – it depends. Registering a username is on a first-come, first-served basis. Regarding passwords, we enhanced the password requirements, so if your old password was a “strong” one, you should be able to re-use it. With that being said, we do recommend that you take the opportunity to change it.
What information is required to log into the new OTIS Online?
You will need your account number, social security number, birth date and your mother’s maiden name. The Credit Union will also need to have a current email address on file as you will need to validate your registration by clicking a link that will be included in an authentication email. If you are unsure whether we have a current email address and your mother’s maiden name on file, please feel free to contact the Credit Union to verify this information.
Will I still be able to use the OTIS Mobile app?
You may need to download the new OTIS Mobile app either in the iTunes Store or in the Google Play Store depending on what kind of phone you have. It is important to note that you will first need to register to access the new OTIS Online. Once registered for OTIS Online, you will use your new username and password to log into the new OTIS Mobile app. You will then receive a PIN in your email to authenticate your account in the Mobile app.
What if the joint on my account wants to log in?
Great question! With the new OTIS Online, joint owners and loan co-applicants can now create their own separate usernames and passwords. They will have the ability to see everything that corresponds to their financial relationship at the Credit Union. Meaning, if you are a co-applicant on a loan, you will only see that loan.
I’m logged into the new OTIS Online, but I don’t see accounts that I used to see–how come?
Another great question! With the new OTIS Online, our members now have the ability to control this themselves with the “Link Member Account” feature. If you have another account, are a joint on another account or a co-applicant on a loan under a different account, you can now link them yourself to see them in the “Overview” or within the “Transfers” screen.
What if I want to transfer money to another account, but I don’t want to or can’t link it?
There is a new feature called “Member-to-Member” in the “Transfer” option. If you select “Another Member” in the second column of the “Transfer” screen, the third column will have you enter the account number, confirm it, and enter the last name on the account and the Share or Loan ID if you know it. For convenience, you have the option to save this information for future use.
What if another member needs to deposit money into my account, but I don’t want to give them my account number?
Easy enough! You can use the “Family & Friends” option that is located on the side menu. This feature allows you to authorize someone to deposit money into your account. The only thing that you will need to know is the other member’s email address. It’s as simple as that!
I don’t see the accounts I linked in OTIS Online when I make a transfer in the new OTIS Mobile App–why?
For the time being, you will not see these accounts in OTIS Mobile, but you can still transfer funds to another account. In the “Transfer” screen, when you select the “To Account” option, at the bottom of the list of “Shares and Loans”, there are two new options – “Another Member’s Share” and “Another Member’s Loan”. If you select one of these options, you will be prompted to enter the account number, the Share or Loan ID, and the member’s last name.
Will I need to set up new payees within Bill Pay?
You will not need to set up your payees again. These will convert over with the new OTIS Online.
There are some areas that should open a drop down menu, but I can’t figure out how to see the information.
This is definitely new to the eyes, but there are navigation arrows that will expand and collapse menu items.
Will my existing eAlerts convert over with the new OTIS Online?
Yes, they will! We are also excited to announce that there will be two new eAlerts offered to assist with monitoring your account for debit and credit card authorizations! We encourage you to check it out and set them up!
Will the automatic transfers that I set up in the old OTIS Online convert over?
Yes, they will! These will be listed under the “Transfers” menu item as “Scheduled Transfers”. Do you want to add new ones? It is easy to set these up under the “Make a Transfer” option.
Will I still be able to view Check Images?
Yes, you will still be able to view check images. Simply click on the transaction within your history and click on “Check Images” icon. Your image will appear, and you will have the option to print or close the box.
I currently use Quicken to download my transactions; will this be available in the new OTIS Online?
Yes, this feature is now available.
Will I still be able to send secure message to the Credit Union?
Yes, you can. There is a “Messages” menu option that you can use to create and view messages. In fact, if you lose your debit or credit card, under the “To:” dropdown, there is an option for “Card Lost or Stolen” – feel free to send us a message letting us know which card has been lost or stolen and we will send you an immediate reply with the telephone number to call to report it lost or stolen.
Below is a list of new features that we hope members enjoy!
- OTIS Online is now mobile optimized! What does this mean? OTIS Online will now reformat itself to optimize the user experience specific to the device (cell phone, tablet, etc) being used.
- Is your “Overview” screen cluttered? You have the ability to hide shares and loans that you don’t need to see each time you log into OTIS Online. Click on the “Edit Hidden Accounts” option on the right hand side of the “Overview” and you will be able to manage which ones you would like to see going forward.
- Do you have a preference on the order in which you see your shares and loans? You now have the ability to drag and drop your shares and loans so you can see them in the order that you want. For example, maybe you always want to see your Share Draft first – put your cursor to the left of the box of the Share or Loan ID until you see the “Move Arrow” icon – and from here you can drag the box to the spot you would like to see it.
- You can now add notes and images to specific transactions when looking at your history. You can even search for specific transactions or on the notes you add.
- Use the “Settings” option on the menu bar to update your address, email and phone number. Navigate through the different submenus within “Settings” to see all of the options available to you.
- Rename your shares to better organize them for you. Is that All Purpose Club really for a special vacation that you are saving up for? Click on it in the “Overview” screen, click on the pencil next to All Purpose Club, and feel free to rename it to something unique to you.
- You can even open a club within OTIS Online. There isn’t a need to make a special trip to the Credit Union anymore to open that rainy day club or holiday club.
- Click “Apply for a Loan” to fill out a loan application for your next loan!